Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let's Do This Thing

photo by fran dwight
So many songs and lyrics come to mind today to describe my feelings about the transition of power that has occurred in our country. I will try and use my own words to describe that which I have felt today. The time has come today to embrace our ideals and one another and do this thing called democracy. Teary eyed I have watched the pomp and circumstance, the celebration of a people for the promise that we possess as a nation.
Now we must rise up, step up to keep our heads above water and eventually swim freely again.
Watching the humanity gather in Washington needs to be the momentum we need to start the engines and sustain the energy for the greater good of us all.
A cold sunny day has exuded a warmth that comes from a huge crowd with a common cause.
Now as with any worthwhile endeavor we need to commit time and energy to work as the human race to support the leader who has inspired us to want to commit and do what is necessary to progress and move forward. The choice to do nothing or subvert the direction, I believe, will be eventually be tragic for all.

No comments: