Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More of the Same?


It has been a couple of weeks since the Inauguration and the honeymoon seems to be over for the new administration. We have seen the Super Bowl and Groundhog Day come and go, the weather continues to be cold and snowy here in these parts. Many of those who can have left for the south or west for the winter yet many of us stay here in the frigid yet picturesque north.

Politics and the economy seem to be showing us more of the same as the poly parties dig in their heels for the fight for the fix of the country. I want to remain hopeful but not working myself and seeing the lack of possibilities for employment, watching the news (too much I am sure), I sense a real change in expectations for lifestyles for the middle class. The Reality becoming much closer to doing less with less. Our SuperPower being a Super Mess.

Now, I do see some reason to be positive; the sun has been out frequently amidst the recent cold, the are mornings bright, the days remaining lighter longer, wife and I should be getting a decent tax return in the next month or so, I hope to start doing some volunteering soon, Mary and I are planning a trip south to visit my parents in Alabama in March, Callie is doing well in her new semester in school, and things seem to be improving for Ashley and her job, so I can't really complain for the day to day but the overall picture is just tough to not be really concerned about. So, for the next month I will keep pursuing leads for volunteering, work, keep my cooking coming, enjoying hanging out and soaks in the hot tub with Mary and with friends like Corrie and Betsy (fun evening), get the music going again, check out the museums, keep making myself write, read, watch interesting movies, comfort the aged (dogs and all), and remember to think and dream of the positive that could happen along the way.
Help me now and dig that crazy Betty Boop seeking a snowy shelter from the storm;)

No comments: