Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fifty -Six X 4 Seasons

I could give fifty-six reasons to start why my life is blessed but if you spend anytime looking at this blog you could see that. Birthday came and went-started rainy and ended sunny with a full moon rise over the backyard. Got the New License to a Lunch with Shooter, Dinner with Mary and Callie at the new restaurant in Richland, phone calls with parents, phone call from Boston and Ashley-all ending with expressions of love, more wishes from brothers, sisters and nieces and nephews-even makin me look like a dancin fool as you can see on the blog, and last night in between raindrops Mary and I and NBF's again, Eric and Kristin (and their friend E) and Jimmy C. came by for pre-show Haggard festivities.
Merle was a feisty, smiling, mellow still playin as he put it with his, " beer bar band", after 40 years still playing leads. He reminded me of Dylan when he played the State-a troubadour, still, " writing the songs, and singing them", getting his licks in. Inspirations for the creative force-doing their thing their way and the crowd eating it up and Merle and the band reciprocating playing the classics, Mama Tried, Big City, Rainbow Stew, Silver Wings, Guess I'll Just sit here and drink," and on and on til he got tired and had to get back to the bus as we had to run and splash through the rain to the parking lots, content to have seen a legend before he takes his last bus ride.
This morning though as sunshine perseveres and breaks through I think of what to do. I have a chance to be creative as Melvis sent a copy of the song we are working on-sounds good and helps to motivate me to keep on doin it....some how some way.......

No comments: