Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Since Easter=Name Drop, Egg Droop Sloop

Since last we spoke: Corby came over from Detroit for his annual Kalamazoo Blues Fix with Tab Benoit this year. Hot cajun rockin with a pre-show dinner at the Greek estab. Blue Dolphin.
We caught up on all the past months happenings with our families and friends. He was gone by noon on Sat. morn. My housesitting ended at the same time as the Wiegands returned from their Far Out West vacation.
Mary and I chilled out a couple Saturday's in a row being frugal and filling our Netflix obligations by watching "Rachel Getting Married" and "Milk". Two of the best acting jobs last year albeit kind of depressing but thought provoking movies. The will of the human spirit portrayed brilliantly.
Let's see last week, mid-week, celebrated Petey's birthday golfing out at Angel's Crossing on a cool but sunny day, increasingly warming as it went on. Jeff Caron from down the Schoolcraft way joined us as did Pete's nephew DW. Should I mention I was medalist in our group? Too late already did-90. The others were not far behind. Pete and I had to rush to our golf league meeting at Wayside where a there was a record turnout making some tough decisions, such as how many points should we play for;) J. Mickley did a fine job keeping things in some order.The guys were all in rare, sarcastic form with each other and Pete and I had couple of drinks and headed up stairs to hang with Jerry C. and his bros., literally. Finally, met the 4th Cox brother. Pete left and I watched them play pool til TC showed and the golfing wind and sun of the day told me to head home. First night of scheduled play this Wed. Everyone having fingers crossed for playable weather.
Friday I golfed again with the Lights Out Fryday crew out at GL Stonehedge S. Only five of us there but a more gorgeous day would of been hard to come by. Melvi, Timmy, Toddly, PB, and myself went head to head for the big $. Tim was medalist with an 83, I had 88. All won skins so the pot was depleted but great golfing day. Mary came up to Bayview Gardens after for an after work cocktail and Jimmy C. showd up. We ended up having dinner at Blackhawk and caught a set of the Kal. Avenue Blues Band at he Stagecoach out back. Again I was TIRED from the winds of the course and true gravity had me up and down all day. This comes from a book I am reading written thirty some years ago, Golf in the Kingdom by Michael Murphy. An instructional philosophical walk through golfs many facets. I have been enjoying it, who knows maybe it will help my game in some fashion.
So I did Twitter the news of my computer crash but I now sit here with a new laptop on my lap typing the first blog in this format. Feels kind of good. No wireless yet but I intend to get that hooked up next. Ashley says I will love it.
I mentioned a while back I would say something about my volunteering activities and they are now starting to present me with some opportunities. The local food bank Loaves and Fishes has asked me to assist with some curriculum and community education things so we have had a few meetings regarding that with L n F staff. I also be at the premiere of The Soloist this weekend at The Rave handing out materials on hunger, etc. There will be several events coming up this spring which I will be participating in, so come on out and take part. Oh Yes- wanted to say that Melvis has finished production work on Surf Song II and has it is in the can! Copies will soon be available. I think EARTH DAY is a fitting day for it to debut as one of the themes is our relations with Mother Nature. It was a fun project over the fall and winter, thanks all for your time and effort. Especially, ML. It was a blast , blast , blast....
OK, no pictures with this post as I do not have any on this computer yet. So til next time, keep your inner swing smooth and steady.

No comments: