Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fish Fish Fishin and Eat Eat Eatin



I cast a line for fish more this year than in quite some time and actually caught some keepers this summer.
This past Saturday after bro-in-law Joe C. set me up with a line, sinker, reel and rod I was good to go out to Jerry and Rene's annual end of summer fish camp north of Delton on some private land.
Jerry and Rene are partners in our golf league together and have extended this invitation for several years and I never made it. This year it did not interfere with the Wheatland fest so I went. It was way out in the boonies as they say and I found it without too problem getting there around 3. It is a guys who love to fish fantasy camp. With all sorts of food, fishing and fun. Many of these guys have known each other for a long time or are related. A few of the guys I have known for several years from golf league like Big E. and Tommy Cox and I know you have to be thick skinned and be able take a joke or two when hanging with them.
After chewing on some steak that Big E. cooked up for lunch, we hung around the campfire having some beers, listening to football, joking around til about 5:30 when we headed out for some big bass. I went out with Jerry and Rene and we didn't catch any big ones but we had fun trying and it was again a beautiful evening. I did manage to catch the biggest one in our boat but nothing near the 4-5 pounders others would bring in. When we got back it was bout dark and the fun escalated as Rene got the fryer heated up and Jerry got the batter going. In no time there was fried onion rings, mushrooms and tons of fish ready to chow. By the time I was ready to follow Brother Bob Cox out of camp and back home it was almost 11. I had another sweet summer experience that I am glad I finally got to share with these boys from Mattawan.

No comments: