Monday, February 15, 2010

Febrrrrweary Moanins




I have not done much Monday Moanin writing lately so here is one:
(JoeC n Wedgie n me pic on Left)

No Holds Barred and Super Sunday have passed; both rituals spent with good friends and some family. The Saints did go marching in! Frozen lakes, hot tubs, fried fish, wings and things, steaks and camaraderie was the key to it all. Then last week on the heels of my trip to Detroit my sister -in-law Jo E. calls to tell me my mother was in the hospital after having a "minor" heart attack. She is doing well but will need a triple by-pass this week to repair blockage of arteries. My family is great at coming together and helping to make it all work out.


From the heart repair to the heart holiday where being the romantic I am, I usually get the card, flowers, the chocolate, the music, etc.. I figure it's a good mid-winter break shake-up. Oh yes and taking Mary out to dinner. As part of all this our dog of 13 years has been struggling to survive and I thought she would be have to be put down by now as Saturday she was really having some more serious internal digestive issues. Mary did go out Saturday evening, friend Susan was performing and we were going to make that part of our plan. First restaurant I had in mind we went to was not even open so we found a Chinese place not far away keeping in the spirit of the Chinese New Year. We had a pleasant meal, thanks to one of the most upbeat waitresses we have ever had even though during the course of the meal I had a tooth or crown come off my tooth but caught it before swallowing it.


To wrap up the dinner portion Mary was eating the fortune cookies (I gave her mine as I could no longer crunch anything) and my cookie had no fortune, " if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all". Seemed fitting for the type of news we had been getting recently. We did get a good laugh from that though and headed over to the bar where Susan was playing and meet up with some other friends.


Both BadMike and GoodMikes showed up as did Jazzman and Barb and I was ready for a good Martini and had that. Jzman has had his own share of struggles lately and it was good to see him getting out and socializing with friends. The music and atmosphere was needed on this Saturday night of Valentines weekend.

Sunday came and it was spent with expressions of devotion to and from mom, daughters, wife, family and friends. Maddie, our pooch, had a better day, a sunny day, and Mary's sister Karen and bro-in-law Charlie stopped in and spent the night after a family trip to Chicago and were headed back to St. Ignace. They got to hear our tales of woe and as always were supportive. Callie was home with us and her hug goodnight made for a nice Valentines nightcap.

Now my Mom's surgery looms this week and is scheduled for Wednesday. She is as loved as the love she gives, so she has many prayers being said for her and my-step dad and we all look to having her healthier after the operation. I must now go to the food pantry and do my weekly gig there and then get my tooth re-installed from my friend KRK the oral care master.

As I have said many times here before I know I am blessed with great family and friends and it is those blessings that give us the strength to face what life throws at us. Peace ya'll

No comments: